Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Water Challenge Week 3

Wowza! 3 weeks in already!!!

So I forgot to take a picture on Sunday....and on Monday.....but I snapped one today!! So maybe the photo tracking isn't the most accurate. Oh well.

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3


This week was hard because I was traveling- look for those posts soon!! I went to Universal Studios with some friends and it just made water consumption more challenging. I still managed my goal of 90+ ounces a day even if I didn't reach the full gallon each day. By far the most-seen attraction were the bathrooms!! (For the record, we visited 2/3 of all the bathrooms in the park, it became a thing to use them all).

I started using water flavoring this week too. While normally drinking plain water is fine for me, I found myself starting to struggle. So I bought some simple drink mixes (the HyVee brand of Crystal Light to be exact) and gave it a try. I really don't want to be drinking my calories except for my milk and I was hesitant to start the slippery slope of caffeine some of them provided. What I discovered though was my own personal crack.

One pack of wild strawberry drink mix and I'll have 24 ounces of water downed in 10 minutes. It's amazing. I love artificial strawberry flavor and always have (is that weird?). This stuff is delightful. It only has 75 mg of caffeine too; less than a cup of coffee!! I don't feel as guilty about all that. So now when I find myself behind on my water, I'll just add some of the flavor mix and get some solid drinking done!!

Overall I feel good. I'm used to the bathroom routine now. I'm less bloated and combined with my recent back-to-jazzercise, I've got a slimmer waistline overall. I started the work outs at the same time so I can't say one or the other is having the most impact. I truly think it's a combo. I haven't had such quick results from exercise before and my skin is staying extra clear. That's the water!!

So this is the last week and honestly, I'll continue. I'm snacking less, I like the way I look, why go back? Drinking more and more water every day keeps me from eating and drinking things I should have less of. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!