Saturday, January 3, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014 Recap

Since my parents live 6 hours away from Coach and I (or I guess more accurately, I moved 6 hours away from my parents) and Coach's parents live in town with us, it's impossible to see both sets every holiday. So we decided early on to swap the major holidays until we have kids. At that point we'll see what works best for our family and go from there.

This year was Thanksgiving at my parents. We left Tuesday night with the plans to stay in St Louis with friends. I started to feel "out of it" about an hour out of St Louis. By 10:00 I was laying on our friends' sofa, shivering under a blanket, and feeling flat out crappy. By midnight, I woke Coach up with my tossing and turning and he declared I was burning up. I said "yes dear, I know. I have a fever, I want to die, please get me the Tylenol." (I'm not the nicest person when I'm sick).
For the record, I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had a fever since graduating high school. I just don't get them. I'll be sick as a dog and my temp will never change. In fact, my normal temp- ie go take it right now when I feel great in the middle of the day- is 96.8. Weird, I know.
Well as luck would have it, we didn't pack Tylenol. So Coach waited till our friend was up for an early morning child feeding and asked her for some. I got some in my system about 5 am, got out of bed at about 7 and managed to get dressed and act coherent. We were on the road and at my parents by 10 in the morning where I promptly took more meds, started a round of antibiotic and slept 90% of the day. I rose enough to go out to dinner, then back to bed.

Needless to say, Thanksgiving wasn't a very energetic day for me. Coach was super sweet through it all though. He got me whatever I needed, entertained himself with reading, watching football, or coloring with my niece while I rested. What a trooper! It can't be easy to have a sick wife and be staying at your in-laws for 3 days.

Friday I felt the most normal all week and we braved some shopping. More on that escapade later. Saturday we left southeast Missouri to head home. We stopped at the outlets in St Louis on our way back and scored some good Christmas gifts for each other.

All in all it wasn't my best Thanksgiving but it was still an enjoyable time with family.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!