Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Years 2014


Still didn't take pictures.....I'm awful I know. It's like our children won't even know we existed this past year. 2015 will be better, I promise!

So we decided to have everyone we knew over to our house for New Years. I'd been feeling a little forgotten since we hadn't had a party after football. I got so used to hosting people every Friday night, that I was kind of missing it (remind me of that next fall I know!!). I literally just invited almost everyone we knew. Of course they didn't all come but we had about 10-14 people over at any given time. I set up a buffet, everyone brought their own drinks, and we just hung out. We even did a little dessert swap so I didn't feel guilty about not having party favors. Perfect evening!

Menu:
Ham and cheese sliders
Parmesan cheese straws
Meatballs
Buffalo dip
Pepper-jack bacon dip (new creation, wildly popular, will post about soon once I get actual measurements figured out)
Cheddar beer fondue dip (new recipe from pinterest, not making the recipe box)
Dunkaroo dip
Frosted brownies (from a box because that's how Betty Crocker rules the world, having the best brownies)

Drinks:
Everyone brought their own thing. We set up the drink tub so you could put what you needed on ice. We also had several mixers available- Coke, Sprite, club soda, that sort of thing. Then I made a virgin punch that our expecting friends could enjoy and everyone else could spice up as they liked. It was an orange sherbet punch I call Sunday School punch. I mixed mine with vodka and club soda, champagne, or chardonnay. Not all at once, just throughout the evening :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!