Thursday, October 9, 2014

Throwback Thursday

That time in which I post poignant/funny/dumb/embarrassing tales about my childhood so people will manage not to envy me too much. You're welcome.

Some people wouldn't be caught dead in a photo such as this. Personally, I see a smile and only 1 chin- therefore WINNER!

When: 2005
What: I was letting my sister dye my hair pink. Without telling my mom.
Why: I was always the good girl but I was obsessed with the color pink. I had long imagined beautiful blonde highlights with one streak of bright pink. But every time I went to the salon, someone talked me out of it. My mom, my sister, my hair dresser. It made no sense to me- I didn't party, I made good grades, I was responsible. Why couldn't I dye my hair pink?! So my sister and I found a home kit that was listed as being bad for my hair shade. It would turn your hair pink! We bought it, went home and did a crappy home foil, and voila! Pink highlights. They were temporary so they washed out after about 3 washes. Except for one. We had dyed the little baby hair bangs right by my forehead and that color never came out. All summer I had my strip of pink. It was a wonderful little rebellion. In retrospect, it was nothing. My parents had it easy. After teaching high school I now know, if all my kid does is put a little pink in their hair then we are A-OK!.

For the record- here's the finished product:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!