Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cuckoo's Calling


LOVED THIS BOOK.



I knew about the whole Robert Galbraith=JK Rowling before I started reading. I had added the book to my kindle wish list though before that news broke. I took the time over Christmas break to actually read the thing though and couldn't put it down. Like left some of the family festivities for a bit just so I could finish a couple of chapters.

I like mystery novels anyway and this one was a page-turner. I kept thinking I was figuring it out then a new clue would turn up and I would be baffled again. The ending was genius and left things open for a sequel. Which it has been proudly announced that a next book is indeed written and in pre-publication stages. They think it will be out sometime this fall.

I really enjoy when I can become attached to characters and read more books with them. I'm definitely a series girl.

Even if you don't like mysteries, I'd say to give this one a chance. It was a delightful read with a satisfying ending, and not too much mumbo jumbo "I'm a literary genius" shenanigan writing in the middle. Quite refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!