Monday, January 13, 2014

6 months to go!

We are about 6 months away from the wedding. Oh, my, goodness. I'm excited to start sharing my wedding DIY posts soon now that I've actually started on the work. I really need to take pictures though to share what's going on and I'm not the best at that. Here's what's going on though.....

Still no dress. I know, I thought I found one but I hadn't really. My mom's coming into town to force my hand. Not literally, I just really need her opinion before I can choose. So I have it narrowed down to 2. Hopefully I can make the decision.

Still no cake. What is the deal with cake these days? It is outrageously expensive. I make cake. In fact, I make good cake. It's hard for me to pay that much money for something I can make myself. I realize I can't actually make my own wedding cake, but don't think I'm happy about it. We are still searching for something that costs less than our first born but tastes good.

Invitations are underway! All 638 pieces are waiting for printing and assembly. I ordered the invitation design from an Etsy shop and doing all the printing at home. The shop I chose was so reasonably priced it was still cheaper to print at home than to hire a printer. Plus I like being in control of everything :)

All of our vendors (except for the cake) are picked and deposited. It's a relief to know we don't have to "book" anything still. Everything down to the hair stylists and hotel rooms are taken care of.

We are perusing honeymoon ideas. If you have suggestions, throw them at me.

My sweet fiance has started counting the number of times I use the word "traditional" when working on wedding stuff. I can't help it. I want a classic, traditional wedding. Just like I want a classic, traditional marriage :) You know, the kind that stand the test of time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!