Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm Baaaaaacccckkk!!!!


I know, I know. What kind of blogger just takes off like that? I mean, there was no farewell, no explanation, the blog didn't even go away. I just kind of left it.

And it bothered me some, but at the time it was the right move. I had a lot going on in my life and major changes were occurring. Blogging simply took the back seat. Once I had left it for so long, going back seemed awkward. How do you go back to a friend after just ignoring them for months?

That's the thing about friendship though (and the naturally narcissistic nature of blogging)- you can go back.

So here I am and here's the low-down. I am very happily in love with a man I will call Coach. Coach and I started having the "forever" conversations and the man, wise man, knew the only way he could surprise me would be to propose well before I thought it would happen. I am the queen of scheduling and he totally ignored mine! I can't complain though since I am now happily engaged to a wonderful guy who makes me so, so happy. :)

Which means several things have to occur: 1) We have to plan a wedding 2) We have to move in together and 3) I have to continue on with my ever entertaining job of teaching high school! It's a lot but I'm excited to start this new chapter in my life and to document it here on my pretty, fun, new blog. (OK, so a year old blog but really, it's still brand new in my book).

**To those of you who knew and were wondering, my original blog of four years is going to remain closed. After a lot of reflection I decided I wanted to document the beginning of Coach's and mine lives together on a fresh platform. I will eventually turn that blog into a printed journal and delete the account. It holds a lot of memories for me but I am ready to store them for my personal use and remove them from the public eye. I hope you enjoy my new blogging home as much as I!



2 comments:

  1. WELCOME BACK! What crazy timing that I happened to check my reader just a few minutes after you posted. I've been wondering what happened to you - there are very few of us FACS teacher bloggers around! Looking forward to your future stories!

    ReplyDelete

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!