Wednesday, December 4, 2013

THE Dress


So I found it. Finally. Well sort of. I reached the problem many a girl reaches (I think, maybe, I hope I'm not the only neurotic bride out there who's faced this). I liked the top of one dress and the bottom of another.

And no, I couldn't just attach one to the other, not without buying 2 dresses and breaking all and every level of wedding budget scruples. I could however, order and attach the fabric of one dress to the bottom of the other. So I went into it with that problem and met a seamstress who's a genius. Long story short, I will have my gorgeous princess gown with a few simple alterations. Add some train here, add some bedazzling there (and everywhere actually), and voila! My dream dress.

I'm still torn on the whole veil situation. I still dislike them all but there are a couple of different options I haven't tried yet. I have plenty of time before I have to decide that though.

There was just so much pressure. I loved so many of the dresses I put on and it was very hard for me to know that 1) I could only have one and 2) this was the last time I would ever get to wear a big fancy dress. I don't want to waste my final opportunity on just a so-so dress! I had visited 6 different stores and really kept comparing everything to one particular dress. So I finally went in on a whim, just by myself, back to the shop where I first tried it on. I spent about half an hour just wearing it, looking at myself in the mirror, all by myself. The sales ladies were super sweet and simply left me alone to dwell and think. In the end I shared my concerns with them and we were able to find the solution I needed. Definitely a great shop and I think I'm definitely going to have a great dress :)



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see!!! (Have you thought about flowers in your hair instead of a veil?? My sister in law did that, it was really pretty....)

    ReplyDelete

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!