Monday, April 30, 2012

Pinterest Domination

Get on Pinterest- everyone is doing it.

And on that note- here's the wreath I saw there that I wanted for myself. So I made it. It's been really warm here in our corner of the state and I'm ready for spring!
Inspiration wreath:
Pinned Image
Final Product:

I used brighter colors than the one in the inspiration photo. Mostly because that's what I could get my hands on. The final wreath took about 20 sprays of baby tulips all clipped apart. I used an 11 inch foam circle, some low temp hot glue, and got down to business. Basically I bent the ends of the flower sprigs to make an L bend, stuck some hot glue on the end and crammed it down into the wreath so that it laid flat. Layer those sprigs all around the circle and you get a wreath (oh and you have to do the edges and inside too). It took about 2 hours and around $40 in materials. Pretty easy if you're comfortable with silk flowers and hot glue, otherwise it might be kind of intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your tips, ideas, or comments!